Monday, September 28, 2026

A nice afternoon by the Pond

Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.

Back in 2021 I bought a ready to run radio controlled Riverine Patrol Boat by Pro Boat:

Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.

Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.

But it wasn't until this weekend I finally got around to try it out on the pond in it's new Norwegian scheme. A model boat club close to where my parents live, Vestfold Modellbåtklubb, invited to a end of season day out by the pond. The weather was exceptionally nice this day, so I decided to attend:
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.

On the water

Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.

The maiden voyage as Norwegian 'Stridsbåt 90N'. There are not so many photos as it was really hard to drive and taking photos with one hand each at the same time:
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.
Pro Boat RTR Riverine Patrol Boat converted to a RC model of a Norwegian Combat Boat 90N. Radio Controlled Stridsbåt seeing action at 3. dammen.

I guess KNM "Rauer" is ready for new adventures...

5 comments:

  1. Terrific models on display, l enjoyed seeing them..
    When I was a boy and family holidays model yacht ponds were popular especially at sea side resorts. You could buy a boat relatively cheaply and a stick with a cane on the end to fetch it in. It was a fun thing to do.
    http://www.grovepondyachts.com/model-yachting-lakes-in-the-uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops forgot name.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
    2. That sounds like wonderful childhood memories Alan.
      When I was a boy we used to live even closer to this pond, and sometimes when I walked by there were some sailing their RC boats there. I was so fascinated that I could hang around for hours to have a look. I'm glad I finally got around to get one of my own.
      Thank you for the map, and for reading and commenting of course .

      Delete
  2. Great models Roger and nice to see your vessel in action

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Maudlin Jack. I was glad to finally find time and an opportunity to take it out. It's was great fun. Unlike our garden railways boats doesn't have season the whole year.

      Delete

You may also be interested in: