Monday, May 8, 2023

In honour

Which day may differ from country to country, but today the 8th of May it's Veteran's day in Norway, on the same day as the VE- and liberation day.

This picture has been used by the armed forces in Norway in several different publications and occasions to promote service for Norwegian forces abroad. And it probably worked as intended,  because it, amongst other things off course, motivated me for such service when I was a kid.

When I grew up, and got a 'civilian job', I found out that the person in this old photo actually was my new boss. It's a small world. Thank you for your service Boss! In honour:

Even if it's easy to forget in our everyday lifes, it's important to remember that Freedom isn't to be taken as granted or free. In memory of those who stood up for something much bigger than themselves. All gave some, but some gave all, and some didn't get quite back home!

I salute you all! Thank you for your Service!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also be interested in: