Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Documentary Recommendation

As most of the regular readers of this blog may already have noticed, I focus much of my wargaming around 'the Congo Crisis' 1960-65 as this was one of the first and most offensive UN-missions ever. It lend it self to smaller skirmishes, which is the way I mostly like my wargaming. I've been taking some liberties creating new ones within this conflict though. Focusing on one conflict only means that I can limit myself as I doesn't have to collect several armies or create a huge collection of miniatures (which need painting). I'm into other hobbies as well and my hobby-time has to be well considered to manage them all. 

Often Veterans are forgotten, but after serving with one of the Norwegian UN-veterans from this mission, I've come to the conclusion that the UN-Veterans from Congo are some of the really forgotten ones. Being a Veteran myself, I kind of wanted to focus on this forgotten conflict if that make any sense?

UN toy soldiers

Since the Congo Crisis and the UN involvement is not given a lot of attention in media, I'm very interested in the information I actually manage to find about it. One of my recent finds I wanted to share with my readers as it is an interesting and good documentary and subtitled to English in the YouTube settings (it's very good to be YouTube). Besides I know that some few fellow bloggers and wargamers also are or have been into UN-troops in Congo. The Documentary itself is Swedish, and over 6000 Swedes served in Congo 1960-64:



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also be interested in: