Wednesday, May 22, 2024

A motorcycle tour with a twist

These days the weather is really hot and sunny in Norway, and way to good to be spent inside to paint miniatures,  modelling or play wargames. So when a friend in our MRC invited fellow members to a running-session on his garden railway yesterday in this nice weather the choice  was actually very easy. There was only one challenge; my friend does not live in my 'neighborhood' and our car was not available at the time. So it needed to be a motorcycle tour with a twist.

Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Luckily my 30 litre pannier could just about fit a G-scale locomotive and 3 goods-wagons.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
So in the occasion of being a motorcycle tour, I brought my LGB Heeresfeldbahn locomotive and 3 wagons loaded with motorcycles. 
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
My friend's garden railway is really big and can accommodate much traffic, so my other friends trains also saw action at the same time. I think most scales, gauges, periods, regions and prototypes are represented in our club.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
Running trains in the garden. Garden railway. Garden railroad.
His railway is actually so big that multiple different routes are possible, and that might offer some challenges to the operation when the drivers gets occupied with drinking coffee and chat with each other... (Luckily everything was OK)
I borrowed some goods-wagons from a friend during the running session as I think they looks like some of those used on German Heeresfeldbahns during WWII. Perhaps I must consider to expand my fleet in the future. -But those boggie vans will clearly not fit my motorcycle panniers tough...

Thank you Erik for your hospitality, food, beverage and letting us run trains on your superb garden railway! 

3 comments:

  1. This looks like it was alot of fun! A garden railroad in the springtime with the flowers and plants blooming can't be beat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I could fit my trains in the pannier and have a motorcycle ride in such a lovely weather it just added to fun (!)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fantastic way to spend a day! I can't think of much that is more relaxing than watching model railways in action (I had no idea this was the case until we started taking my son to see them when he was little. Now he has no interest - soon to be a teen - but I still find them wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete

You may also be interested in: